Tuesday 27 September 2011

Day 11: 4th September

Eleven days in Croatia and here we are, this is it, my final blog entry. Many miles later, and I am waiting for another plane in Dubrovnik Airport and wondering what would be a good way to conclude this trip. I suspect it is raining back in England although it will be nice not having to worry about sun cream, sweating and dehydration whenever we go outside. What might be less appealing is the fact the next time we get back in a sea kayak will probably be on a canal in Scotland in February!

What with this being a school trip and everything, I having expecting term to start for a long time now. So long that in some ways I am looking forward to it beginning. I think however that a good way to conclude this journey would be to quote the last verse of the Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner. However, I would substitute one word. I would change “sadder” for “gladder” so that the last verse reads:

“He went like one that hath been stunned,

And is of sense forlorn:

A gladder and a wiser man

He rose the morrow morn.”

No comments:

Post a Comment